Monday, July 21, 2014

Creamy Tarragon Chicken Salad- A Welcome Delight

Back in college our friend Michael was famous for her creamy tarragon chicken salad. Whoever tasted the chicken salad fell in love with it. The richness of white and dark meat is liked by everybody, but one can also use all one type. Whenever I make it, I thank Michael for giving me the recipe. My kids love it like anything. It is always a welcome delight. I make creamy tarragon salad occasionally and so far whoever ate asked for the recipe. The combination of yogurt and mayonnaise gives a usual chicken salad more spice and taste. You can make it in the last minutes. It will be ready in 12minutes. All you need several ingredients including:

•    1/4 cup mayonnaise
•    1/3 cup reduced-fat yogurt
•    1 tablespoon fresh tarragon, chopped
•    2 cups shredded skinless, boneless chicken (white and dark meat)
•    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
•    1/4 teaspoon salt
•    3 ounces whole-grain crackers
•    1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
•    Steamed Sugar Snap Peas

As I told you, it is easy to make the creamy tarragon chicken salad recipe. Firstly, take a medium bowl and add yogurt, mayonnaise, tarragon, salt and black pepper in it. Stir with a whisk. Combine onion and chicken. Toss to mix all the ingredients properly. This chicken salad has worked well in my case and I hope the same goes in your case too. You can serve with steamed sugar snap peas or crackers.

No comments:

Post a Comment